Saturday, December 01, 2007

Bioshock

I tend to stay away from really good video games for two reasons:

1. I simply find them incredibly addictive, and

2. Hey, I can find free games in lots of places (here and here, for example).

Going back to the first reason, addictiveness is a huge problem for me when I find a good one. For example, I've completely stayed away from buying any of the Tomb Raider series after getting loaned a demo for Tomb Raider 2 that gave full access to the first three levels (the closest thing you'll easily find to it is here). In my house, my wife has never been a football widow, but she was a Tomb Raider widow for a few weeks as I'd come home from work and turn on Tomb Raider and play it until 1-2 A.M., go to bed, and repeat the next day.


Having said that, I tried out a new game at my brother's house the other night on his Xbox 360, and, dude!, I'm hooked! Bioshock, very simply, is completely addictive, and now I'm finding myself searching ebay for cheap ways to buy it.

My poor wife, if ever I get it...

- John

Currently listening to:

Public Image Ltd - Rise
Celldweller - Symbiont
Margaret Becker - Cave It In
Loreena McKennitt - Santiago (live)

No comments: