Monday, July 28, 2008

It's been a while...

Haven't posted in a while. Life has been a little crazy.

My beautiful wife had our fourth child a couple of weeks ago, so this post is more sleep-deprived than normal. In that light, here's two quotes I thought worth sharing and a link to something quite humorous.

And then a thought-provoking link. Not for those who agree with Henry Ford's quote about thinking is the hardest work that can be done, which is why so few do it, so they choose not to think. The last link will make you think.

The quotes:

“Don’t bend; don’t water it down; don’t try to make it logical; don’t edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.” - Franz Kafka

Kafka. 'Nuff said.

“If you want knowledge, you must take part in the practice of changing reality. If you want to know the taste of a pear, you must change the pear by eating it yourself… All genuine knowledge originates in direct experience.” - Mao Tse-Tung

I disagree with Mao Tse-Tung on about everything philosophically, politically and religiously, but he got this right. Thanks to my friend, Blair Warren, for putting that quote in my hands.

The humorous link is here. BBspot slays me. Too funny.

The thought provoking link is here. You've been forewarned.

Oh, and I signed up for twitter. Not sure I'll use for anything other than to follow other people's tweets (kind of like I signed up for myspace so I can read the blogs of certain musicians that interest me), but, hey, I may post there occassionally. For those who care if I ever post there.

That's it for now. Desperately needing sleep.

- John

Currently listening to:
Dyer's Eve - Metallica (when they were still putting out music worth listening to, i.e. before whatever came out after the black album)
You Oughta Know - Alanis Morissette (IMO, the last track that Dave Navarro worked on after the first three Jane's Addiction cd's that's worth listening to)
A Charming Spell - Splashdown
Secret Journey - The Police
Miss Sarajevo - Passengers (U2 with Brian Eno) with Luciano Pavarrati (Possibly more brilliant than U2 and Eno's usual fare.)

No comments: